Pages

Tuesday, 1 January 2013

I'd been expecting this.

When 2011 ended, I vigilantly and enthusiastically bid farewell to the year, claiming it was one of the worst years ever and that now that it was over, we'd be be able to be happy again.
I know that sounds stupid, but that's what I thought.
And now, having gone through another year of my life, which consisted of both light and dark, I realize that no year is responsible for what happens to you. And that every coming year will be as bad as the last. But it's our responsibility as secondary caretakers of our lives and souls, to realize that no matter how bad a time passes you, there's a reason behind it and soon enough, you'll find out what it is.
When my aunt died in 2010, and the two years before her death when we were all really just passing the time we had, and I didn't regret it and I didn't hate it and I wasn't depressed, and I wasn't even unhappy. But it was a difficult time. And now that that time's passed (Thank God), I really see that that time, though primarily made our lives tough, also made us happy in our daily life. You know what I mean?
We were so hung up on 'Oh, that chemotherapy,' or 'Oh, dinner at Phuppo's tonight,' that the time at school for me, or work for my dad, or even home for my mother, was good. It was relaxed, because we saw the bigger image; because all the hardships of daily lives didn't get to us, because for all we knew, we'd be losing a beloved family member the very next day.
And then that year went by, and then another, and now another has gone, and we're still here. Still standing, still together, still loving, caring, hurting, breathing.

So, for what it's worth, happy new year, and may the coming year make you a stronger person. And I say that with a lot of thought put into the statement. And I don't really think, so savor it.

2 comments:

Sarang P said...

I hope that this year means a lovely time for you as well with all the ups and downs that define us.
Lovely blog
xoxo
Sarang

www.haveyouseenlove.blogspot.com

Life's Perceptions

Adeena said...

Thank you so much, Sarang!

Who's Adeena?

My photo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I'm still trying to figure myself out.
Just to save you guys the trouble (and prevent uninterested followers), please don't follow back! (Unless you like my blog, in which case, follow back all you want. Stalk me, write on my page, comment, follow me on Tumblr. I ALLOW IT.)