Pages

Saturday, 22 December 2012

The many offsprings of faith

I've been at a point in my 'religious journey' where I know what's right, I know how religion, faith, belief and worship work, its just I'm not too great at doing what's right.
That sounds so weird. 
But the thing is, I know what's right, its just that I'm lazy and that... I'm a kid.
But that's not how it works, does it?
This problem has been getting to me for awhile, like when I missed my prayer and I only pray Ishaa salah, which is the night prayer (that's the last one in the whole day).
Thing is, I read this hadith...

"If you survive till the evening, do not expect to be alive in the morning, and if you survive till the morning, do not expect to be alive in the evening, and take from your health for your sickness, and (take) from your life for your death." (Sahih Bukhari)

And that's why, when I don't pray, I feel bad. I think about not wearing the hijab, I feel bad. 
You get the idea.
I talked to my mom about this last night and she said: 'The pain that you feel for not doing what you know is right, that's the light. That's the faith. Not that not praying is right, and sometimes you just have to push yourself, but don't believe you're a bad Muslim. That's not for you to decide.'
That made me feel better, but not... great. My mom saw the look on my face and then said 'The Prophet was 40 when he was called to Prophethood. Even a person like him had to be given time until he was taken as prophet.'

And that made all the difference.

                                        

3 comments:

thewitzelei said...

I have different beliefs, but a spiritual awakening truly feels great.

Furree Katt said...

I agree with your mum completely! You need to embrace that feeling you get as a sort of reminder that God hasn't forgotten about you, and never will. Let this feeling be an incentive to start praying regularly. Believe me, you'll feel awesome soon.

Adeena said...

You guys are right. May God make our faith in Him stronger.

Who's Adeena?

My photo
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
I'm still trying to figure myself out.
Just to save you guys the trouble (and prevent uninterested followers), please don't follow back! (Unless you like my blog, in which case, follow back all you want. Stalk me, write on my page, comment, follow me on Tumblr. I ALLOW IT.)